How to replace washing machine motor carbon brushes C.E.SET Motors
Here is a step by step guide of the process:
This video will show you how to replace washing machine motor carbon brushes in a C.E.SET (ceset motor), we are working on a Hotpoint but this guide is good for most makes that have a C.E.SET motor
To take out a motor on a washing machine might sound scary, but it’s a surprisingly easy to replace and then fit the carbon brushes.
- Remove the lid and the back panel.
- Then you need to remove the washing machine belt that is attached to the motor and drum pulley.
- You will now need to remove the bolts that attach the motor to the washing machine drum.
- Using a flat blade screwdriver release the motor of the drum brackets or lugs be careful it’s heavy.
- Next you need to remove the old brushes and fit new ones according to the video instruction.
Here are some pictures of the worn carbon brushes compared to the new.
Some pictures of the work on how to replace washing machine motor carbon brushes in a C.E.SET (ceset motor),