Brandt washing machine won’t spin, How to replace carbon brushes.
Here is a step by step guide of the process:
If your Brandt washing machine is not spinning or it is filling with water but the drum is not turning then it is a good chance that you Brandt carbon brushes have worn out. This video will show you how to replace Brandt washing machine carbon brushes with a Selni motor, we are working on a Brandt but this guide is good for most makes that have a Selni motor
To take out a motor on a Brandt washing machine might sound scary, but it’s a surprisingly easy to replace and then fit the carbon brushes.
- Remove the back panel.
- Then you need to remove the washing machine belt that is attached to the motor and drum pulley.
- You will now need to remove the bolts that attach the motor to the washing machine drum.
- Release the motor of the drum brackets or lugs, be careful it’s heavy.
- Next you need to remove the old Brandt carbon brushes.
- You need to clean the armature up.
- fit new Brandt carbon brushes according to the video instruction.